Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduate

I'm a college graduate. Yay.

I mean, HALLELUJAH~!

Having anticipated something for so long, it's great to see it realized because only a few weeks ago everything was shrouded in impossibilities. At times, I wasn't sure I would complete the semester, much less with anything considered to be "passing." But, I did, and I'm grateful. So very grateful.

In preparation for the next stop on the journey of life, I'm spending my entire summer working to procure money for a program I'm not really sure I'll enjoy, far away from the people I love in a city I'm kind of ambivalent about (which is a step up from the hate I felt towards it a few weeks ago), yet standing at this precipice, I feel the fear that comes when one is prepared to start something new, and being used to the emotion, I take it in stride.

My friends are adults now, and I guess college was the last step before reaching true adulthood. I don't feel anymore mature, just more powerful, like no one has the power to take anything away from me that I don't willingly give them. It's a great place to be, because being accountable only to myself and God, the possibilities of life are limitless if I work harder. Wow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

spending your entire summer working at caribou???

Anonymous said...

oh, and CONGRATS!!!

luke lin said...

youd better stop smoking....

Fei said...

congrats!!

Diadra said...

I'll see you... soon?
Congrats!

Krista J, said...

I'm very proud of you! Congrats!