Monday, February 23, 2009

The itis

Since I escaped this during high school, because I still had AP courses, was in a lot of clubs, and was in a very competitive academic environment, I managed to avoid this affliction.

However, in college, my disenchantment with the whole ivory tower and realizing that, because I've taken so many courses, my GPA won't budge anymore significantly, and also having guarded myself against complete failure in my courses, I have this condition in full swing, and am not very concerned by the whole matter.

My list of priorities are as such:
1) Family & Very Close Friends
2) Work (Caribou)
3) Work (CAC)
4) Friends
5) Sleep
6) Classical Chinese
7) Cultural Revolution
8) China World Views
9) Econ

It's great to already by employed ^__^. It's like a weight has been lifted. I already know what I'm going to do after college, and although that has it's own slew of problems, at least I know I'll have some sort of security during the E.C. (economic crisis--it's so important now, people are starting to abbreviate it).

So, fuck college. Even if I dropped out now, I'd still have a degree, two minors, and I could still wear a cloudy blue gown. Life is sweet, and I refuse to let academics bring me down. I'll be a stellar student in Grad School, promise.

No comments: