Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clearing debts

I feel like, at this stage of my life, that I'm on the verge of moving into a new chapter, a more important one than the one we start each time we wake up. I'm trying to clear my debts against other people so that baggage will not follow me into the next step, and, believing in the Divine Judgment of Our Father, into the next life if I'm called home sooner than what I anticipate.

I've been going to people who I've held grudges against and have started the process of making amends. All of you might have heard me ranting about someone and how that person has taken control of my happiness and run a muck. Sometimes, I can go for hours talking about how much I detest someone because of what they've allegedly done to me. While it may be entertaining (^_^), the damage I do to myself by harbouring such negative feelings is one of Evil's greatest tricks--self-destruction is more effective and consuming that anything anyone else could ever do to you.

I've hugged and smiled to people who I detest, and I made an apology to someone who I used to hate with a passion last year. Because I kept seeing him everywhere I went (at my job and by my old job), I took it as a sign that I won't gain anything from my labour if I keep poisoning myself with negative emotions and dispositions. So, I apologized to him, explained why I was angry (he said he wasn't aware that there were any issues...), and tried to make amends. If I had been wise, I would've avoided the situation when it reappeared again this year through another person with the lesson I was supposed to learn and didn't. Life is funny like that.

No comments: