Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beautification/Waving and Smiling/Mr. Paylor


Takes a lot to look this good.

And a lot of soju. Notice the hand clutching my imaginary weave.


Do you like my style?


Sweet intoxication--burning white taste for gleaming white skin.


A very tender moment.

After using this mask, of course, my skin was whitened. It's still a little off-color, but, it's a small price to pay for skin that gleams like the moon. Oh, China and its whitening fascination...

--

My mom had a dream last night--

It was the first dream she had about my grandma since she passed away that she remembered.

The dream goes along these lines: Grandma is sick and needs to go to the hospital. My uncle Larry calls, and my mom tells him that they (she and my Aunt Sandra) are going to take my grandma to the hospital. The ambulance comes over to the house, and Grandma is in the back of the van sitting on the gurney. Instead of laying down and being in pain, as is typical in situations likes these, she is sitting in the back of the ambulance on top of the gurney, waving and smiling.

Waving and smiling. Waving goodbye to this world and smiling because she's going to a new one. My mom sees this dream as a sign from my grandma that she saying goodbye, and for us not to worry. She died in the hospital, which is something I'm very sad about, but this dream...

If I had a thousand tongues, I couldn't thank God enough.

Less than a month after the fact, and we finally get a sign from the Otherside that she's doing all right. I guess Grandma needed some time to get settled before she could contact us.

I hope I have a dream like my moms. It'll put my mind at further ease.

It hurts to miss someone. So much. But as I wrote before, I'm happy at the same time. Knowing that Grandma is happy in turn makes me happy. Waving and smiling--so pleased with things and so happy to leave this world behind. Amazing.

--

More later about my first time teaching English at the Xiamen Institute of Oceanography to a class of about 35 young adults. Exciting, I know, but yet, it was~!

No comments: