Monday, September 22, 2008

我不是诗人 (I'm not a poet)

Let me preface this by repeating the title: I'm not a poet--I'm an orator.

However, everybody on both sides of the Atlantic was in my got'damn business. So, a response for those interested:


"Ru is for Rupaul (Alternate Title: Impersonator)"

I never knew your name
because you didn't stay long
enough to tell me.
I was listening to the future--
You were out of breath from
running away from the
possibilities...you couldn't
croak out your name, much
less the gasp of a goodbye.

So many like you--
nameless, and therefore
baseless. No footholds among
the undefined
currents, by the seaside--
depthless.
Impressions pounded by
the tide until there's nothing
unique left about you.

I was lured by the comfort of a possibility...

Even knowing your name
is a pleasantry.
In 3 weeks time I would have
all but forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what this is about ㅠ.ㅠ What business are people trying to be in??